Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"ick"

I had a short nice chat with one of my much loved officemate and threw my comments on her YM status. Lian is a very sensible person and I can relate to her in so many ways. I love reading all her e-mails and the sharing of songs…majority pertaining to love, love and love.

Sometimes that I hypothesize whenever I read my contacts’ YM status and shout outs. Lines like “goodbye my almost lover”… “we share something beautiful but dysfunctional … “Pag may mahal ka at ayaw sayo, hayaan mo. Malay mo sa mga susunod na araw ayaw mo na rin sa kanya, naunahan ka lang.”… “the beauty of not knowing, Hope lives!”…etcetera, etcetera…

Some would even post a song. Maybe it’s their theme song that moment…“Is there something that you want to tell me, are we something worth fighting for”… “alone again, naturally”… “I love you, goodbye”… “honesty is such a lonely word”… “I can wait forever if you say you'll be there,too…”tralala…tralala…

Reading the lines, it’s clearly about love. It can be colorful and beautiful for some but shady and unpleasant to many. My instinct will tell me if that person is broken and that she would need a hug (and oftentimes, my intuition is right. Some would even cry and start their heartrending story.)

* It’s really a sad fact that when we love somebody, there’s a chance of getting hurt…but you’ll surely know if it’s worth trying. If it didn’t work out, then it’s ‘ick”

* If you really love the person, then try to win him back but do not beg. If he say’s no, then accept it’s ‘ick”

* Always balance happiness over pain. We tend to give enough chances knowing that the relationship will work out but there’s a need to just surrender especially if it’s undeniable hurting already…ouch! Clearly ‘ick”


“ick”…it’s a pejorative word meaning “not meant to be”. It’s from Ally Mcbeal show…the lawyer who amused me with her cynical view of the world. I wonder where the word came from. Maybe from the word click?

Richard Fish : “Hey Joyceally, what happened to you and Larry Paul?
Joyceally Mcbeal: “Ah, err...we just didn't click. Now stop asking me more questions or I'll cut your *ick!"

No comments:

Post a Comment